Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Excuse me, coming through...

I figured I'd jump into the blogosphere sooner or later. Is there any room left at the table?  Well, how about if I configure the room a little differently, shift some equipment around, and remove the staging?  Make room people, new kid coming through!

I'm happy to report that my Twitter followship is up about 300% in the past 6 months as I've started to expand my social networking beyond the confines of Facebook and LinkedIn.   I've been on Twitter for 4 years and just found my calling as a "resource aggregator". I'm really good at researching and networking in groups to find the latest news pertinent to this industry and I like to share!  In this blog I'll be posting commentary, articles and advice on the world of meetings and events as seen through the eyes of a mentor, mentee, and consumer of all things event, hospitality, food and travel related. This is not only my day job but my side job as well. This has been my life for 13 years yet I'm happy to report I'm still learning a ton long the way.

I'm an fierce advocate of knowledge sharing and networking so please connect with me and share your ideas to make this blog the place for event professionals to be!

To live a long and happy professional life, please remember to to plan, eat, travel...then repeat!

Kendra McMurray, CMP

No comments:

Post a Comment